Master's or Doctoral thesis abstracts
Your Master's or Doctoral thesis must contain an abstract in French.
- Master's thesis abstract: 300 words maximum
- Doctoral thesis abstract: 700 words maximum
For greater visibility in international databases, it is recommended that you also include an English abstract.
Each abstract must be on a separate page.
The English abstract must follow the French one.
Table of contents
The table of contents should be generated automatically using your word processing software.
It must include:
- The front matter (abstracts, dedications, acknowledgements, preface, etc.)
- The titles of the body sections
- The list of tables
- The list of diagrams
- The list of figures
- The list of abbreviations and acronyms, etc.
A preface is mandatory for theses and dissertations that include articles.
The preface must contain information on:
- The publication status of included articles (dates of submission, acceptance, or publication)
- Differences or changes between the article included in the thesis or dissertation and the published version
- Your author status (first or not)
- Your exact role in the preparation of each article
- The coauthors of each article
Body of the thesis or dissertation
Each of the sections (introduction, chapter, conclusion) in the body of the Master's or Doctoral thesis must start on a new page.
There are certain special rules to follow when including papers.