Scholarships from granting agencies
Federal and provincial granting agencies support and encourage research training and offer a variety of graduate scholarship and postdoctoral fellowship programs to help train a new generation of researchers.
As part of its mandate, the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is responsible for overseeing the internal selection process and chairing selection committee proceedings.
Main granting agency scholarship and fellowship programs
Joint federal granting agencies programs (SSHRC, NSERC and CIHR):
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s program
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Doctoral program
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Provincial granting agency programs (FRQSC, FRQNT and FRQS):
- Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE)
- Master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral scholarships, Fonds de recherche – Nature et technologie
- Master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral scholarships, Fonds de recherche – Société et culture
- Master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral scholarships, Fonds de recherche – Santé
For some of these programs, applicants must be prescreened by the university. Find out more about the prescreening process and the internal deadline on the Student Awards and Financial Aid Office website.
Tools for preparing an application
Preparing an award application is an important step in your graduate or postdoctoral career.
The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies offers you the following tools to help you in your efforts.