Scholarships from granting agencies
Federal and provincial granting agencies support and encourage research training and offer a variety of graduate scholarship and postdoctoral fellowship programs to help train a new generation of researchers.
As part of its mandate, the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is responsible for overseeing the internal selection process and chairing selection committee proceedings.
The following agencies offer different graduate scholarships and postdoctoral fellowships intended for master's, doctoral and postdoctoral candidates.
For some of these programs, applicants must be prescreened by the university. Find out more about the prescreening process and the internal deadline on the Student Awards and Financial Aid Office website.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council - SSHRS
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada - NSERC
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research - CIHR
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Society and culture - FRQSC
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature and technologies - FRQNT
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Heath - FRQS
- Institut Robert-Sauvé en santé et sécurité au travail - IRSS
Preparing an award application is an important step in your graduate or postdoctoral career. The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies offers you the following tools to help you in your efforts.
- Practical guide for applying for graduate scholarships or a postdoctoral fellowship (PDF) (in French only)
- The Granting Agency Merit Awards webinar
- The Canadian Common CV FAQ (in French only)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Resource Center
- Videos from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
With the Graduate Scholarship Matching Program, a graduate student who wishes to submit an application for an excellence scholarship meets with current or former scholarship recipients in order to benefit from their advice.
To register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the scholarship program to which you are submitting a request.
For more information: email@example.com